This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Willow & Hall. All views my own.
Sofa bed specialist Willow & Hall set out to create the most comfortable sofa beds possible, both for sleeping and sitting. Which obviously isn’t as easy as it sounds if my own (not great) experiences of sofa beds are anything to go by. And possibly yours, too? So, with curiousity piqued and keen to learn more, I went along to the Willow & Hall showroom in Chiswick, West London, to find out exactly what makes their sofa beds stand out from the crowd.
First off, I was struck by just how much style and quality they offer – as well as comfort and functionality. There was a wide choice of beautiful sofa bed designs, a whole roomful of gorgeous fabrics and various customisation options. I think that buying a sofa bed can feel quite boring – very much practicality over style, functionality over fun. But Willow & Hall offer a very different experience – more a case of “design your own” dream sofa bed. Here’s how:
“Design your own” Willow & Hall sofabed
1. Choose your style and size: nearly every sofa they stock can also be a sofa bed so you’re not limited to just a few, boring styles. Think clean-lined minimalist shapes, traditional styles, contemporary chesterfields and sleek, contemporary chaise sofa beds. Size-wise, again the choice is huge: compact loveseat sofa beds for small spaces; two, three, three-and-a-half and four-seater sofa beds; corner sofa beds; modular sofa beds; chaise and chaise storage sofa beds … you get the picture.
Style details aren’t forgotten, either, so you’ll find piped edges, buttoned backs and characterful turned wood legs – just look at the beautiful and best-selling Bulford 2-Seater Sofa Bed above and the Foxcote 3-Seater Sofa Bed below.
2. Select your fabric: all these styles can be covered in any one of over 200 fabrics. Choose (if you can!) from sumptuous velvets, natural linens, soft cottons, practical man-made fibres, fabulous woollens, on-trend corduroy – and lots more.
3. Choose from 3 seat cushions: reflex foam, siliconized hollow fibre or feather-wrapped foam. All are designed to provide optimum comfort whether your sofa bed is intended to be your main sofa, or just for occasional use. Above: the Buttermere 2-Seater Sofa Bed, another best-seller.
4. Choose your mattress: Willow & Hall offer three thick and luxurious mattress choices – 14cm open sprung or pocket sprung, and 12cm memory foam. And not forgetting the easy-to-open bed frame which is, they say, “the best pull-out mechanism on the market”.
5. Choose your extras: these include specially-sized fitted sheets by UK bedlinen brand Tonder & Tonder, matching arm caps to protect against stains and spillages and removable sofa arms to facilitate delivery into particularly tight spaces.
And there you have it – your stylish and comfortable sofa bed, your way.
Willow & Hall also tick many of my boxes around sustainability and the principle of “buy less, buy better”. Their products are handmade in the UK and they offer a 25-year guarantee on their solid wood frames, along with a 10-year guarantee on their sofa bed and bed mattresses.
Our craftsmen are incredibly talented and passionate about what they do, making everything by hand, individually for you, to your chosen customisations. Obsessive about doing it right, using good old British craftsmen techniques, to ensure they produce a piece of furniture that looks great, is really comfy and will grow old very gracefully.
On the customer service side of things, Willow & Hall estimate 4-5 week delivery on made-to-order items (that’s incredibly speedy), and 5 days on stock items. Plus they have a no-quibble returns policy, even on made-to-order items.
Willow & Hall have kindly offered a special discount code to our readers, valid until 31 January – just quote COLOURFUL5% at checkout.
To finish off, then, here are a few more of my favourite Willow & Hall sofa beds. Fabulously functional and beautifully stylish, there’s something for every interior space and style – what do you think?