I hope you like this new weekly feature, Friday Five, a dainty smorgasbord of just some of the colourful beautiful things I found and loved this week.
So here’s five quick, bite-sized links for you to check out this weekend when you have five minutes to yourself. Grab a cup of coffee, tea, or a glass of whatever, relax and enjoy.
1. Intricately decorated Iced Sugar Cookies are all the rage right now but just look at these embroidery/lace-inspired examples by Hungarian cake decorating shop Mézesmanna. I don’t think I could bear to eat them, they’re so gorgeous. And you must watch this incredible video of the decorating process – utterly, utterly mesmerising.
2. It’s peony season – and the fact it’s so short makes it all the more precious. I can never get enough of these luscious flowers, and online florist Bloom & Wild have a new Letterbox Flowers peony bouquet, the Eloise. Imagine coming home to a box of these lovelies on the doormat (I’m dropping hints like crazy….).
3. It’s probably a sign of my age, but these fabulously comfortable Alderlake Sun Leather Sandals from Clarks are already my hero purchase this season. They’re channeling the simple, pared down Cos/& Other Stories look and I just heard there’s 20% off all adult styles this weekend with code BMAY16.
4. Joyful images of 93-year old Emiko on Instagram, who models her textile artist grand-daughter’s colourful accessories created using the Japanese saori weaving technique.
5. Love the exotic pattern and rich colours of this Liberty print covered cocktail chair.
Images: brands and websites as credited above