This week we went on the hunt for the most stylish contemporary dressing tables for small spaces. Because dressing tables should be just a tiny bit special, don’t you think?
They’re a place, however small, to carve out a precious bit of space that’s just for you. Somewhere to sit and prepare for the day ahead, or clean it away with relaxing rituals. A place that’s practical, but also beautiful and uplifting.
Some dressing tables are large, stately affairs but size isn’t everything. There are some incredibly stylish dressing tables for small spaces around (and often nicer than the bigger ones, IMHO).
As you know by now, the ideal furniture for small spaces has slim proportions, fuss-free lines and could also incorporate reflective materials, like metallics and mirrors. As dressing tables often have mirrors, they tick this box perfectly.
And, of course, the ideal dressing table for small spaces will also have storage. I think there’s an actual law of physics that says it’s impossible to have too much drawer space for grooming essentials.
With all this mind, here are our six favourite contemporary and stylish dressing tables for small spaces. Just ready for you to make beautiful and your very own.
6 best contemporary dressing tables for small spaces
1. Emil Birch Dressing Table. We wrote about the Emil previously and, in our opinion it’s still one of the cleverest dressing tables for small spaces around. Its oversize mirror is perfect for beautifying and grooming tasks as well as bouncing the maximum of light around a space. And the stack of substantial drawer space (such a good idea) could accommodate clothes as well as smaller items.
2. Ercol for John Lewis Shalstone Dressing Table. The Shalstone was inspired by Lucian Ercolani’s 482 dressing table design from 1956, and was originally made for his daughter’s new home. Drawers run the whole length of this beautifully crafted dressing table and, again, the large mirror will brighten small spaces with reflected light.
3. Maddie Dressing Table in pink and brass, above and below. In the palest of blush pinks and with long, brass legs, the Maddie dressing table is perfect for the smallest of spaces. Small really can be beautiful.
4. Penn Dressing Table. At only 65cm wide, the Penn is the ideal dressing table for small spaces. It’s available in dark stained ash or oak and has pleasing design details like the recessed handles and finger-joint edging. Proving, again, that small space living doesn’t mean going short on style.
5. Heal’s Brunel Dressing/Console Table. We featured the covetable Brunel range of furniture for small, contemporary spaces a while back (read more here). Its Scandi-meets-industrial look is classic and timeless and the versatile Brunel Console Table converts effortlessly into a dressing table with the matching stool. (Note: the mirror in the picture is not included).
6. Zeke Dressing Table. Designed by Simon Pengelly for MADE, the handsome walnut and black Zeke dressing table works perfectly in small spaces. The smooth front hides a concealed drawer, the matching angled mirror is included, and the two additional storage compartments at the sides have concealed cable management access.
I hope you’ve enjoyed our round-up of dressing tables for small spaces. I’ve got my eye on the iconic and beautifully-crafted Shalstone dressing table by Ercol. How about you?