Today’s furniture round-up is a collection of covetable, contemporary marble coffee tables. I have it on good authority that 2017 is all set to herald the rise of “modern luxury”, as a counterbalance to the raw industrial and natural Scandi looks that have been prevalent lately.
Not that the latter are disappearing – oh no. In fact, I think luxurious materials such as marble, lacqueur and metallics look their best when mixed in with at least a little touch of something more rustic or industrial.
I’m mulling over the idea of a new coffee table, plus a few other tweaks, to inject a whole new look into our living room. And I like the thought of marble and contemporary metallics bringing a more luxurious feel to the space. So here’s my choice of six of the best contemporary marble coffee tables to kick off the new year.
Contemporary marble coffee tables
1. The pebble shaped marble top and slender, angular gold-leafed legs of the Gianni Coffee Table ooze mid-century style.
2. The Agate Natural White Marble Coffee Table from Graham and Green makes a feature of its distressed metallic legs. I like the way this tones down the old gold colour, and the round shape would work well in small spaces. This is also a great example of mixing luxe materials with natural textures such as stone, natural wood and sheepskin.
3. Another contemporary marble coffee table that would be perfect for small spaces is this Marble Pedestal Coffee Table by West Elm at John Lewis. The white marble top sits on an antique brass finished spun metal pedestal base, a great space-saver in small rooms. And again, although the colour palette in this room is rich and opulent, the industrial wooden console with natural stoneware vases, and the artworks casually clipped to the wall all serve to stop the overall look being too glossy and slick.
4. The Mahaut Marble Coffee Table from La Redoute is an exercise in stylish simplicity. Choose from classic white or green marble with a brass base, or black marble with a black metal base.
5. The Katrina contemporary marble coffee table has fresh white marble teamed with a dark metal base formed from delicate, geometric angles which give the table an open and airy feel. (For luxe lovers, the Katrina is also available with a shiny brass base – it does look lovely!)
6. And finally, another black geometric frame but this time with a choice of sizes and coloured marble table tops. The Gamfratesi TS Round Table by Danish design brand Gubi comes in black, white, green or brown marble. Coloured marble is also predicted to be popular in 2017, and whilst I love the classic white the dark, foresty green is also talking to me. What do you think?